Fix too dark or dimmed screen issues on Samsung laptop
Do you really feel stressed out after you’ve worked on your Samsung laptop for long hours? Well, it could be due to the dark or dimmed screen of the laptop that is affecting your eyes. Many a time, even if you may not have dimmed the laptop screen knowingly, it may have become darker than usual and that may be causing your eyes to hurt.
If you are unable to sort out the reason behind the dark or dimmed screen and really wish to fix this problem, then look nowhere else. All you have to do is follow our simple and easy steps and get this flickering screen problem solved on your Samsung laptop.
Typically, the dimmed Screen Issue can be triggered on your laptop due to a number of reasons; this includes the ones mentioned below. Check out on your PC which one seems applicable and thereby get rid of it in no time.
Brightness level may have changed
The easiest and the quickest way to resolve this issue is:
- Press the ‘Fn’ key and hold it and then press the ‘UP’ arrow. This will help you in adjusting the brightness level of your screen. You can adjust the brightness according to your comfort level.
- Press and hold the ‘Fn’ key, and then press the ‘F5’ key. This can solve your backlight problems. So, in case you have accidentally turned it off, this will turn the function on and thereby fix the issue.
The ‘Power Saving’ function in Samsung Battery Manager may be ‘On’
To roll back the settings and fix the issue, follow these steps. For the starters, dimmed screen can be due to the Samsung Battery Manager. If you have activated the Samsung Battery Manager, it will darken or dim the screen of the notebook to conserve battery life. Therefore, in the case of inactivity, the manager settings will darken the screen and thereby save on battery consumption. To fix it:
- Click on the Management functions and then go to the Software troubleshooting section.
- Troubleshoot the issue using the Samsung Battery Manager to rule out any other hardware and software issues.
- If the switch on the hinge of the laptop (used to close the lid tightly) is jammed or broken, it can also create the dark screen issue on your Samsung laptop.
There could be other software or hardware issues that may be preventing the screen on your laptop to illuminate properly. Such issues can only be fixed after a detailed diagnosis of the same.