How to create Samsung Recovery Partition?
Every Samsung laptop comes with pre-created hidden recovery partition for you to access when required. However, sometimes, knowingly or unknowingly you may delete it while partitioning the hard disk. In few simple steps, you can create the recovery partition on your own.
Let’s start with creating the Samsung recovery solution tool:
- Borrow another Samsung laptop from your friend which already has an installed Samsung Recovery Solution on it.
- Start this laptop and go to Samsung Recovery Mode by pressing ‘F4’.
- Wait for the Samsung recovery solution to start and then press ‘Ctrl’+ ‘Alt’ + ‘F10’. It will ask for a password. Default passwords are “secclx” or “secos”. See which of these two works for you.
- Connect an USB drive and go to the ‘Tools’ menu in the Samsung recovery solution.
- Click on the Admin Tool USB option and proceed by clicking ‘Yes’ in the next dialog box. This will create a ‘Samsung Recovery Solution Admin Tool’ bootable USB drive for you.
Create a Samsung recovery partition:
- Now, start the laptop on which you need to create the recovery partition. Go to Boot Options and make USB-HDD your first boot device.
- Insert the ‘Samsung Recovery Solution Admin Tool’ bootable USB drive you just created and boot the laptop from USB.
- It will start the Samsung recovery solution. This screen will show the step by step directions to create the partition. Click on ‘Execute’ under step ‘1: Disk Partitioning’.
- On the next screen, click on ‘Initialize the Hard Disk Drive’ link. It will ask for your confirmation, click ‘Yes’.
- The next screen will ask for the recovery disk size. Define a suitable size. Depending on your total hard disk space, any size in the range of 20 GB to 25 GB should work fine. As a word of caution, don’t make it too large only to eat up usable space from your hard disk.
- Click ‘Next’ and then ‘OK’ to continue partitioning. It will take a few minutes until you get a confirmation box saying ‘Partitioning Complete. Continue Recovery Area Installation’. Click on ‘OK’.
- Next window will ask you to continue the installation. Click ‘OK’. This will install the Recovery Environment.
- Now, the solution will ask you to fix the MBR (Master Boot record). Click ‘OK’ to continue. Click ‘OK’ again after ‘MBR fixed successfully’ dialog appears.
- Further, it will ask you to add the initial status image to recovery area using USB or DVD. Click ‘Cancel’ (If you have already backed up any system image created with Samsung Recovery Solution in Pen Drive or DVD) then insert it and click ‘OK’.
- After this, you will get a confirmation dialog box stating ‘Recovery Area is now set.’ Click ‘OK’ and proceed with the Windows installation. 7.Now, insert the Windows installation disk and click OK. System will boot again from the disk, if it doesn’t change the boot priority from USB to DVD. Please make sure you keep the bootable Samsung Recovery Solution Admin Tool inserted.
- Now, format and install Windows normally. Make sure not to delete the recovery partition. When Windows is installed, log in and run the Admin Tool application from the pen drive. Open the Samsung Recovery Solution Admin Tool bootable pen drive, Open 'Winclon' folder. Click on Admin Tool application and run.
- Click on 'Execute' in Step 1. Install Samsung Recovery Solution Application. Restart your system.
You have now successfully created a recovery partition on which you can back up your Windows-based operating system, which can be restored later by pressing F4. Enjoy a hassle free computing experience!